We are exploring a range of facilities and services that could be incorporated in the Leanchoil Centre
Leanchoil is a special place, not just the very distinctive original hospital building but the beautiful grounds which provide its setting, with formal lawns in front and wooded areas to the rear. The generous landscape is as important as the buildings and has been deliberately created to encourage and promote good health.
Leanchoil has played a central role in the local community; for over 100 years it was full of life, a community of health professionals, patients, and visitors, particularly in the post-war years, when the Maternity Wing and Nurses’ Home were in full swing.
The hospital will be refurbished and re-purposed to create an inspiring place that respects the historical importance of this iconic building and its original benefactors whilst bringing state-of-the-art facilities to support the community.
Facilities and services
- Prehabilitation services – dietary services, physio and occupational therapy
- Space for third sector (charity) partners to meet clients
- Outdoor projects on site to enable social prescribing (of outdoor activities for mental health)
- Social cafe with employment and volunteer opportunities
- A range of supported living accommodation for local people developed on the footprint of existing structures
- Proposed Erskine veterans’ activity centre
Click on any of the following three plans to view the documents.
A feasibility study in 2019 estimated that the cost of the plans will be in the region of £3.5 to £4 million. This is a staggering amount of money but with community backing the Trust is confident that this can be raised through grants and donations.
Research conducted by Social Value Lab demonstrates the considerable savings that could be achieved through the Leanchoil project by bringing some health services back in to the community and by supporting people to improve their own health and wellbeing.
Becoming a member of the Trust will illustrate to large fund-givers that the project has the community’s support. You will also have a say in the future of Leanchoil.